nobody’s ever really happy to find out they’ve stayed up too late.
it used to be a cool achievement but now it’s like
"fuck. god damn it. not again. shit."
This is too true.
every group of friends has a mom friend and if u dont have one then u are the mom friend
There has been so much in PLL that seems to come up over and over again, and I just wanted to touch on the most obvious ones to see if some sort of pattern could be found. Of course I’m ignoring the painfully obvious ones like “lying” or “secrets.”
We have seen a TON of references to Paris and even just French in the show.
- The Eiffel towers in Alison’s room, as well as Hanna’s, and I believe Aria’s as well?
- A (Mona?) learning French in season 2 (1?).
- The French on the Eiffel Tower postcard that Emily buried with Alison.
- The Eiffel Tower in the dressing room when Hanna stole that red top this season.
- Cece ran away to Paris as Vivian Darkbloom.
- Mona being in French Club.
Birds have been a newer trend, but they seem to be everywhere now, my word.
- The bird picture in A’s lair at the Lost Woods Motel,
- Tippy the Bird.
- The text from A to Alison about the caged bird singing.
- Birds on the wall in Alison’s room.
- Spencer seems to wear a lot of clothing with birds on it.
Red is the new black, afterall.
- Red Coat.
- Wren coloring in the coat red in the drawing.
- The train picture at Ezra’s cabin being coloured in red in some spots.
- The roses in Bethany’s drawing of Mrs. D were coloured in red.
- The Queen of Hearts.
- The girl with the sun mask in the red dress at the Masquerade party.
- The rose that Alison left at her own grave, that Mona took from her, was red.
- The scarf that Maya gave to Emily.
- The text messages have been in red not in black since the end of season 3.
- Aria wears an awful lot of black and red.
- Shana’s old school colour was red. (The Devils)
- The top that Alison was wearing when she was attacked
- The scarf that was coloured in in Bethany’s drawing of Mrs. D.
- The colour used to colour in hair in Bethany’s drawing.
- The colour of the scarf that Alison grabbed from home that she was nearly strangled with.
- Aria’s room used to be rather yellow tinted.
This is one that I’ve mentioned a lot, and it’s funny how often they show up.
- Aria has worn butterflies on clothing and as necklaces.
- They seem to show up in their rooms constantly.
- Been seen in lockers as well.
- They mostly seem to be around Aria.
- The dead pig in Wilden’s trunk.
- The pig cupcakes that A made Hanna eat.
- The pig puppet that Aria has. It’s a bigger deal in the book than the show, but still it shows up from time to time.
- Alison calling Paige pig-skin.
- The pig on the wall in the cabin set at the Fitzgerald theatre.
- Alison mask showing up frequently.
- Emily mask has been used only once, but still exists.
- Melissa masks have surfaced before, and was put back together by A.
- The clown mask that shows up frequently.
- The weird zombie-baby mask thing from the Hallowe’en episode.
- To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Trystan and Isolde.
- The Bad Seed.
- Great Expectations.
- Vladimir Nabokov.
- Harry Potter.
- Great Gatsby.
- No Love Lost.
- A Tale of Two Cities.
- The Hart and the Hunter.
(I know I’m missing tons, but going back through the series to find them all does not thrill me. Feel free to message me about the ones I’ve missed and I’ll add ‘em on!)
This show LOVES doing parallels, and I’ve done posts about them, as well as possible ones that haven’t really been confirmed yet. They gotta mean something, right?
- S1E1 and S3E1 are incredibly paralleled.
- Finding Maya’s body and Alison’s body.
(Again, there’s several, but most of them are escaping my mind. We all know there’s tons of parallels though!)
Did I miss anything important?
Could they be related? Could the book be trying to solve her murder? He wanted it to be about his family. When he first said that I thought it sounded totally out of left field. Like you were stalking 5 girls because you wanted to know about your family??? Really!!? Anyway, maybe he found it to be…
This is interesting. Gonna have to look into this, could be a really good aspect to look into.
Just a thought.
What if Jessica wasn’t trying to protect the one that tried to kill Alison?
What if she had been protecting the one that killed Bethany?
So, the more I think about the story she told the girls, the more sure I get that she’s lying about some or all of it. As much as I love getting answers, I’m not sure we should take them at face value. Why?
Alison is a Liar
There are a couple of times where it is mentioned that Alison is a…
With all that I’ve said lately, I just wanted to bring this back.
I don’t fully believe what Alison told us, who knows what’s true and what isn’t.